Enhance®Fitness, a low-cost, evidence-based group exercise program, helps older adults at all levels of fitness become more active, energized, and empowered to sustain independent lives. A full hour of fun, EnhanceFitness focuses on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility — everything older adults need to maintain health and function as they age. In a typical class, participants will experience:
- A 5-minute warm-up followed by 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music that the class chooses
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle and wrist weights (0 up to 20 pounds)
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep the muscles flexible
- Balance exercises throughout the class
- Lots of opportunities for participants to make new friends and acquaintances
Enhance®Fitness classes do not require any special or expensive equipment. A certified instructor, who has completed the Enhance®Fitness training, will safely lead the class through an hour of dynamic exercises at a pace that’s right for the participants.