State Health Insurance Assistance program (SHIP)
- Preventive health benefits paid my Medicare.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Medicare Part D) and your options in Maine.
- Answers questions and help to follow up on your concerns about medical bills, insurance claims and Medicare notices.
- Give comparison information about Medicare supplemental policies and plans to help you make a choice.
- Meet with clients by telephone or in-person to review national and state-specific programs, including prescription drug discount programs, to help you reduce out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Help clients enroll in Medicare Savings Programs.
- Refer and help clients to connect to other local, state and federal agencies, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (the federal Medicare Agency), Social Security Administration and the Maine Department of Health and Human Services.
- Talk to clients about their rights and options for appeals and quality of care in Medicare and MaineCare.
- Make presentations to groups in central Maine to give updates and help people get the most of their Medicare and MaineCare benefits.
Medicare health and drug plans can make changes each year—things like cost, coverage, and what providers and pharmacies are in their networks. October 15 to December 7 is when all people with Medicare can change their Medicare health plans and prescription drug coverage for the following year to better meet their needs. Check out these FAQ's for more information on Open Enrollment. Look for more information about how Spectrum Generations can help you with changing your Medicare plan to suit your needs starting in August.