The Veterans Aid and Attendance benefit is a pension program which provides Veterans and their spouses with funds to pay for Home Care or Adult Day Care Services.
The Veteran or spouse may be eligible if the following criteria is met:
- The Veteran must have been honorably discharged
- The spouse of a Veteran must have been married to the Veteran at the time of death and cannot have remarried after death
- Must not have a service-related disability or be receiving other pension funds from the VA
- Assets must be less than $80,000 per year, excluding their house and car
- The Veteran must have served 90 consecutive days of active duty with at least 1 day falling during the dates of these wartime periods:
- WWII: 12/07/1941 - 12/31/1946
- Korea: 06/27/1950 - 01/31/1955
- Vietnam: 08/05/1964 - 05/07/1975
- Vietnam 02/28/1961 - 08/08/1964 (Must have served in Vietnam only for this period)
- Gulf War: 08/02/1990 - TBD (must be active duty for 2 years to qualify for this war)
For more information regarding Veterans Services you may be eligible for or to begin services, please contact Bridges Home Care at 1-800-876-9212 or at (207) 623-0761.