Here’s how your gift helps Spectrum Generations improve quality of life in our communities.
- 200,019 healthy meals were cooked, prepared and delivered to home bound seniors and disabled adults through Meals on Wheels.
- We served 57,253 community dining meals.
- With the launch of We Sustain Maine, 32 percent of products used in our nutrition programs (Meals on Wheels and community dining) come from Maine farmers and fishermen.
- Our Aging and Disability Resource Counselors responded to 44,904 requests for help with Medicare, insurance, prescription drugs, elder abuse, money management and other topics of importance.
- We responded to 2,860 requests for much needed assistance and support with the challenges of dementia and disabilities.
- 444 family caregivers, struggling to balance work and family while also tending full-time to an older or disabled lived one, received help, support, and respite through our family caregiver programs.
- 3,905 older and or disabled adults visited our community centers to participate in computer classes, exercise/wellness programs, educational presentations, health screenings, community dining, and other activities.
- We provided 42,908 hours of Adult DayBreak care at our community centers to seniors in need of a variety of health, social, and other support services.
- 662 individuals volunteered 39,749 hours of their time partnering with Spectrum Generations having an economic value established by the IRS worth $880,043.
- Expended $2,095,300 with Maine businesses.
- Reinvested $6,251,000 into six central Maine counties.