Legal Services for the Elderly (LSE) is a non-profit agency. They provide free civil (non-criminal) legal services to Maine residents 60 and older.
Some of the things LSE can do for you:
- Answer your questions and give you legal advice on the phone
- In some cases, speak with other people on your behalf
- In some cases, meet with you in person
- In some cases, go to court for you
If LSE can't help you, they will try to refer you to someone who can.
Some of the problems with which LSE can help:
- MaineCare and Medicare
- Losing money or property to a relative, friend or scam artist
- Physical and mental abuse
- Powers of Attorney and Living Wills
- Housing, such as evictions
- Overdue bills and debt collectors
Legal Services can be reached at 1-800-750-5353 Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Or click here for their web site http://www.mainelse.org