You can impact the quality of life of older and/or disabled adults throughout central Maine by making a charitable gift to Spectrum Generations. It’s easier than ever to support Spectrum Generations as we offer many ways to donate and invite you to choose the one that’s most convenient for you or contact us with more questions.
- Gifts of cash are the simplest method of contributing to Spectrum Generations. You can make your gift online via a secure site, by mail or by phone. Unrestricted gifts allow us to use funds where they are most needed, or you can choose to designate your gift to one of our community centers and/or programs.
- Monthly giving maximizes your support to Spectrum Generations and can be done online, by mail or by phone. You choose the amount you want to contribute each month (a minimum of $5.00) and determine the timeframe for making the gift (12 months, for example). If you need to cancel at any time, you can contact us by calling 207-620-1677 or TTY: 1.800.464.8703.
- Gifts of stock entitle you to a charitable deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities without paying tax on the securities’ appreciation. To make a gift of stock, please contact Lindsay MacDonald, Vice President of Community Engagement.
- Tribute gifts can be a memorial gift in remembrance of someone special, or to honor someone on their birthday, anniversary, retirement, or other special occasion. Tribute gifts are acknowledged by letter to the next-of-kin (for memorial gifts) or person of honor and the amount of the gift remains confidential.
- In-kind gifts of tangible property (office furniture, antiques, equipment) may provide you or your businesses with a desirable tax deduction. You are responsible for substantiating the value of your in-kind donation for tax purposes. If the value of your gift is more than $5,000, you will need to include a written appraisal.
- Planned gifts, like other gifts can be unrestricted or designated for a specific purpose such as our endowment. Cash, securities, real estate, and personal property are all assets that may be given. For more information, view the information we have on Planned Giving.
- Matching gifts offer an opportunity to increase charitable support if your employer has a matching gift program. Many companies match or even multiply donations made by their employees and sometimes their retired personnel. Some companies will also make a contribution when an employee has volunteered time to an organization like Spectrum Generations. Contact the human resources department at your company for more information.
Thank you for your generous support and for making a difference!
Central Maine Area Agency on Aging d/b/a Spectrum Generations is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Gifts to Spectrum Generations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.