One in every three seniors over the age of 65 will have a fall this year.
The Home Safety Assessment is a detailed review of a consumer’s home which includes all livable space, storage, basement, garage and the grounds immediate surrounding the home. Included in the written assessment are suggested simple home changes, products to aide safety, and modification specialist resources for those changes that need a more skilled hand.
“The Home Safety Assessment provides a much needed service in this region. It helps aging adults maintain independence at home and it helps their families breathe a little easier. It has quickly grown to be our most popular Care Management Service,” said Kristin Overton, Bridges Director. There is a fee of $125 for this assessment and report.
Geriatric Care Management is a little known service that can bring a stress-free peace of mind to caregivers living near or far away. Care Managers help by:
- Communicating or mediating difficult family meetings,
- Making sense of the situation and offering solutions to make it manageable again,
- Providing consultations to help prepare for the unexpected,
- Determining what care is needed to keep your loved one living independently,
- Reviewing the living arrangements for safety and making recommendations for improvement,
- Performing a benefits eligibility check,
- Coordinating care when multiple agencies, doctors, and professionals are involved,
- Determining options for care,
- Ensuring there isn’t duplicative care
For more information regarding Geriatric Care Management or to schedule a Home Safety Assessment, please contact Bridges Home Care at 1-800-876-9212 or at (207) 623-0761.