You can impact the quality of life of older and/or disabled adults throughout central Maine by making a charitable gift to Spectrum Generations. It’s easier than ever to support Spectrum Generations as we offer many ways to donate. Please choose the one that’s most convenient for you.
- Gifts of cash. A cash gift is the simplest method of contributing to Spectrum Generations. You can make your gift online via a secure site, by mail or by phone. You can make an unrestricted gift – to be used where it’s needed most. Or, you can designate your gift to one of our community centers and/or programs.
- Monthly giving. Setting up a monthly gift is an easy way to maximize your support to Spectrum Generations and can be done online, by mail, or by phone. You choose the amount you want to contribute each month (a minimum of $5.00) and determine the timeframe for making the gift (12 months, for example). If you need to cancel at any time, you can contact us by calling 1.800.282.0764, ext. 1677 or TTY: 1.800.464.8703.
- Gifts of stock. A gift of appreciated securities entitle you to a charitable deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities without paying tax on the securities’ appreciation. To make a gift of stock, please contact Debra Silva, Director of Community Engagement by calling 207.620.1678.
- Tribute gifts. A tribute gift can be a memorial gift in remembrance of someone special, or to honor someone on their birthday, anniversary, retirement, or other special occasion. Tribute gifts are acknowledged by letter to the next-of-kin (for memorial gifts) or person of honor. The amount of the gift is kept confidential.
- In-kind gifts. Gifts of tangible property (office furniture, antiques, equipment) may provide you or your businesses with a desirable tax deduction. You are responsible for substantiating the value of your in-kind donation for tax purposes. If the value of your gift is more than $5,000, you will need a written appraisal.
- Planned gifts. Want to perpetuate your giving to Spectrum Generations beyond your lifetime? Consider including us in your will. Cash, securities, real estate, and personal property are all assets that may be given. Like other gifts, your planned gift can be unrestricted or designated for a specific purpose such as an endowment. For more information, please go to Will You Remember Us?
- Gifts of time. Spectrum Generations has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Matching gifts. You can increase your charitable support if your employer has a matching gift program. Many companies match or even multiply donations made by their employees and sometimes their retired personnel. Some companies will also make a contribution when an employee has volunteered time to an organization like Spectrum Generations. Contact the human resources department at your company for more information.
Thank you for your generous support and for making a difference!
Central Maine Area Agency on Aging d/b/a Spectrum Generations is a 501c3 organization.
Gifts to Spectrum Generations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
To make a secure online donation, click Donate Online. For more information on ways to give to Spectrum Generations, please call 1-800-639-1553, TTY: 1-800-464-8703.